Consistent and relevant video content to your target audience, as a small business, is key to generating and maintaining engagement from your customers on all social platforms. By focusing on video content that presents in a style to resonates with your audience to comment, like, and share you can build a brand with your customers that can achieve outstanding awareness levels. Once these videos have established a fan base with expectations, utilizing video advertisements that target your fan base and lookalike audience can bring in additional audiences that may not have been exposed to your video content through the organic social media algorithms. The addition of this content needs to be well thought out and planned through determining which platforms to focus on, what kind of budget is available, and what staff is available or needed to manage this video content.
Long Form for content that is 2,000 or over words. This content is most commonly seen on YouTube, websites, or Blogs. This type of content can make your audience see you as a subject matter expert in your field of work/service/or product. One drawback of this type of content is the length itself. Attention spans are continually getting shorter making this content hard to digest.
Short Form content is less than 2,000 words and is used on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, etc. It is small for an audience member to take in and appeals to people with shorter attention spans or those who just want to skim content. Typically, this content has more engagement.
Of course, as any business owner, an important factor for creating/adding video marketing to your strategy is maintaining a budget. There are many things to consider when adding video content. Here are just a few things to consider:
- Are you going to be creating, editing, posting, managing content of video?
- If so, what equipment will you need?
- Iphone or a digital camera?
- Do you need a gimbal to ensure stability/smoothness in your filming
- How long will you need to carve out of your schedule to fullfill video content?
- If you are not going to be doing it yourself, who will you use?
- Virtual assistants can help with scheduling video content, editing, and posting of the content.
- For filming you can use a local videographer (can get pricey depending on experience, quality, etc)
- How much time do you have to spend learning a new skill?
- Filming ?
- Editing ?
If you do the majority of the work, it can cost anywhere from $1800-$2400 yearly.
However, if you are hiring other professionals to aid in your creation the numbers differ vastly from $12,000-$15,000 for high quality videography.
While it can be overwhelming to start the rewards that your business will reap will be worth it all. To help you get started you can book a 1: 1 call to help you begin implementing video in your small business.
Category: Growth Strategies