So, you’re starting a blog to develop your personal brand but why should anyone care? I mean, who cares? What do you have to say that’s going to stick out from all the other people and bloggers on the Internet professing their knowledge? These are some of the terrifying questions and daunting tasks that haunt some of us when we first consider developing a social presence online or maybe starting up a small business, but it doesn’t have to be so scary. With a great strategy and plan to follow you can develop your own voice, realize you do have something to offer and build a brand that is your own and one people know and trust. But how do you start? Where do you begin? Here are a few key branding tips I’ve discovered while researching the topic that I think can help in building a successful blog and brand.
Key Branding Tip #1: Find Your Unique Style and Personality to Develop Your Brand’s Voice
Some key branding branding tips I’ve learned from a recent article by Neil Patel include:
- Listing Your Personal Attributes. When starting out as a blogger, be truthful and honest about yourself and let your true personality shine through or else people will see right through you.
- Write Often and Be Consistent. Find your niche and build your brand around it. Engage your audience, write relevant, high-quality content, and remember to always keep your audience top of mind. Your blog and brand should show your personality but you’re writing for your audience not yourself. Also, posting regularly can have major benefits for your blog and your brand. For example:
- It will help Improve your SEO.
- The more you write, the more you improve your brand and with that, the better and more successful you can become.
- Also, it shows people that you have something of value to offer them.
A great idea that Neil Patel suggests is having guest bloggers which he describes in this video.
Key Branding Tip #2: Use Images and Other Media to Add Interest to Your Blog
This will help by:
- Breaking up the text and adding visual appeal.
- Adding Alt text to images helps improve search traffic.
- Adds something that users like to share and helps drive more traffic from social platforms.
- Can help provide more understanding to the content.
Branding Tip #3: Repurpose Your Blog Content for Multiple Channels
This can be a great way for you to increase your reach helping to build and improve your brand. Think of different ways you might repurpose your blog content through video or images. Presenting your content on other channels will also help in networking.
Blogging can have a lot of benefits like:
- Helping to build up your brand.
- Establishing you as a trusted source within your niche.
It can also provide a place to:
- Showcase your work.
- Be an effective tool for future employment.
Blogging will also help:
- Attract new clients.
- You, as the author, master the information.
However, blogging does have its challenges. One of the most daunting challenges to overcome is time. Blogging can be very time consuming taking anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours to prepare a single post. Also, a post may receive a lot of comments which could overwhelm the author who may become disinterested and just stop replying back which does not look good for your brand. It’s important to always make time to engage with your audience and in a timely manner. Try these key branding tips and follow other bloggers like Neil Patel and you’ll be well on your way to a successful blog and a successful brand. Comment below to share your thoughts about this blog post.
Category: Social Media Marketing 201