By Taya de Alba
How Much Value Does Customer Service Have?
- Customer Service Standards
- What are some of the most important customer service standards? According to Salesforce.com “ Customer service standards refer to the interactions between a business and customer, and the resulting customer expectations. Response time, empathy, resolution, and efficiency can go a long way towards building deeper customer relationships.” Because, when looking at it the customer will judge the appearance of the company, the cleanliness, the track record, and much more. To be safe as a small business owner, remember these three things, professionalism, patience, and a “people-first” attitude.
- The 2021 expectation
- Customers are now expecting their companies to have full transparency with their practices. Does your company have a layout that shows the representation of your brand objectives and are they relevant. Messaging is important and dissected a lot more, make sure to have clear consistent messaging when leading marketing campaigns. The more that YOU can do for the customer to make their experience quick and easy, the better success.
- Data and ratings on the effects of bad customer service
- Markets Insider says, “One-third of consumers say they would consider switching companies after just one instance of bad customer service because of the impact it had on them.” They also said that most Americans will not make a recurring purchase because of a bad customer service experience. In America on average when one person has a bad customer service experience they will tell 15 people about it. Because the most common unsatisfactory customer service complaint is “lack of effectiveness”. Knowing that you can focus your business objectives to incorporate the effectiveness of your products.
- How bad can it affect your small business?
- Dimensional Research says, “After a bad customer service experience, 39% of customers will avoid a company for two years.” Two years of non recurring service can affect your business and your potential market growth. They also say that every four out of ten consumers will recommend others not frequent a business if they have had poor customer service from them.
What can you do as a small business to improve your customers’ experience?
Lets Get Started!
- Let’s start with what your customers actually want. Because your customers are looking for effective products and quality customer service experiences that support their lifestyle. Customers typically want fast service that results in them obtaining what they need without any negative interactions. Like, difficulty finding a product.
- How can you tailor to their needs? Once you have determined your target audience and what they are looking for in their product, then you identify how to make that as effective as possible. Do customer wellness surveys, show effort that you are willing to understand what your customer wants and needs therefore you care. Surveys also indicate that you are willing to change and make adjustments for the customer’s happiness and this is important to them.
- Start by conducting surveys on a regular basis because they can be beneficial. Make sure to develop questions that help solve questions or supplement how you should be marketing. Track your responses and pay attention to trends that can be used to develop new products and ways to support your consumers. Devise a plan that allows your business to have a social media following and use content that your consumers enjoy. Most importantly the element of customer service is to always rely on how you would like to be treated. Use that as a platform to create the perfect environment for your consumers.
Make these changes today for a better tomorrow.
Customer Service – Should you make the change?
Category: Advanced Tactics